WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 35 mins
A combination of green beans, red bell peppers and sweet mango makes this beef curry recipe colorful. The heat and salt level can vary widely in red curry paste depending on the brand—taste as you go. Serve with noodles and a basil-and-jícama salad.
- 1 pound beef sirloin, or strip steak, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into thin, 2-inch strips
- 1 14-ounce can “lite” coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 large mango, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 lime wedges
- Step 1
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon and drain any liquid from the pan; wipe out the pan.
- Step 2
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil, green beans and bell peppers to the pan and cook, stirring, just until the beans begin to color, 2 to 4 minutes. Combine coconut milk and curry paste and pour the mixture into the pan. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until the vegetables are just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Return the beef and any juice on the plate to the pan along with mango; cook, stirring once or twice, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with lime wedges.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com