- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar-substitute
- 1 1/4 cup chopped strawberries, or substitute any fresh berries, unchopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper liners (you’ll need about 11 liners).
- Step 2
- Add oil, sour cream, milk, and egg to mixing bowl and beat until smooth; set aside.
- Step 3
- In a large bowl, add flours, salt, baking powder, sugar and sugar-substitute; whisk to blend well. Add the chopped strawberries to the flour mixture and toss well to coat them with flour. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir to blend together well.
- Step 4
- Put 1/4 cup of the batter in each muffin cup. Bake until the tops bounce back when gently pressed (about 20 minutes). Cool muffins about 10 minutes.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.