6. Safeway Select Mint Chocolate Chip Light Ice Cream (120 calories per 1/2 cup).
I've tasted my share of mint ice creams because it's a family favorite, and this light brand seems to have it all -- creaminess, great flavor, and fewer calories.
7. Dreyer's/Edy's Loaded Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup (150 calories per 1/2 cup).
A half cup is a satisfying serving because the swirls of peanut butter and chunks of peanut butter cups crank the decadence factor of this chocolate ice cream up a few notches. This product uses the "slow churned" technique, which creates creamy, rich-textured ice cream using lower-fat milk.
8. Dreyer's/Edy's Slow Churned Yogurt Blends Cappuccino Chip (110 calories per 1/2 cup).
Creamy, cappuccino-flavored ice cream dotted with chocolate chips is the perfect combination of flavors for the Caffe Mocha lovers out there.
9. Breyer's Smooth & Dreamy Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (110 calories per 1/2 cup).
This is a find for the vanilla purists out there. You'll find no chips or ribbons of anything in this ice cream, just real vanilla bean specks.
10. Dreyer's/Edy's Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (130 calories per 1/2 cup).
If you're the first to pick out the chocolate-covered cherries from the box of chocolates, this ice cream will hit the spot. It features creamy cherry-flavored ice cream mixed with flavorful dark chocolate chips and chunks of real cherries -- a match made in heaven.
11. Good Humor Snack Pops (100 calories per pop).
These definitely don't taste light. I, for one, am satisfied with only one pop, even though the box lists two pops as a single serving. They come in strawberry and chocolate (I prefer the strawberry).
Elaine Magee, MPH, RD, is the "Recipe Doctor" for WebMD and the author of numerous books on nutrition and health. Her opinions and conclusions are her own.