frozen puff pastry, about one sheet, thawed
reduced fat cream cheese, room temperature
fresh lemon juice, divided
zest of 1 large lemon
- Heat your oven to 375°F.
- Unfold the the puff pastry and roll over it with a rolling pin about three times, just to thin it a bit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a cookie cutter or top of a mason jar, gently cut out circles and put them on the parchment. My cutter was about 2 inches in diameter. You can use what you have, but use your best judgment to increase or decrease baking time.
- Using a paring knife, score a 1/4-inch thick circle border inside each tart cut out. Brush the outer edge with the beaten egg and sprinkle each with a bit of sugar (1 tablespoon between all of them). Bake on middle rack until golden and puffed, about 14 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the cream cheese, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons honey until fully mixed and a bit fluffy. Put it in the fridge.
- Remove the tarts, rescore the circle, and press down gently on the middle part to flatten. Allow them to cool about five minutes.
- Dollop about 1 tablespoon of the creamy mixture in the middle of each tart (again, this will depend on the size). Put the blueberries in a bowl. Warm the remaining tablespoon of honey in the microwave for 15 seconds to loosen it, pour over the berries along with the last tablespoon of lemon juice and toss to coat. Pile a hefty spoonful of berries on top of the creamy mixture. Serve at room temperature.
- Garnish with fresh lemon zest and a sprinkle of powdered sugar if you please (optional).
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to