Introduce yourself to this versatile Chinese white cabbage, a leafy green vegetable, found in mainstream groceries for this innovative salad that everyone will surprisingly enjoy.
- 2 bunches baby bok choy, cleaned and chopped or sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 8-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- Step 1
- In large bowl, combine bok choy, green onions, almonds and mandarin oranges.
- Step 2
- In small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, sugar and soy sauce. Toss salad with dressing and serve.
Spicy Advice: A fall/winter member of the cabbage family, the flavor of Bok Choy is mild and slightly sweet with a gentle hint of cabbage. Only 30 calories a cup and good source of vitamins C and A and calcium.
From www.hollyclegg.com with permission. © 2012 Holly Clegg, Inc.