butter or clarified butter
garlic, chopped fine
of fresh rosemary, plus more to garnish
red wine, any will do
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 300°F.
- Generously season the steak with the sea salt and freshly ground black pepper as it suits you.
- Heat two tablespoons of butter or clarified butter in a cast-iron skillet over a very hot flame.
- Sear the steak in the hot fat about one minute on each side.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add garlic and fresh rosemary needles.
- Deglaze the skillet with red wine.
- Place the skillet in oven for about ten minutes, longer if you prefer well-done steaks and less if you prefer a rare steak.
- Serve with pan juices, garnished with additional rosemary.
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to