WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 20 mins
Lemon, oregano and feta add zing to broccoli rabe tossed with whole-wheat orzo.
- 1/2 cup orzo, preferably whole-wheat
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, (about 1 pound), trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Step 1
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add orzo and cook 3 minutes less than the package directions. Add broccoli rabe; cook 3 minutes more. Drain in a colander and gently press out as much water as possible.
- Step 2
- Heat oil in the pot over medium heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add oregano, salt, pepper, the broccoli rabe and orzo. Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in feta and lemon juice.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com