- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli (or 10-ounce pkg. frozen broccoli)
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash ground thyme
- 1/4 cup grated swiss cheese
- Step 1
- Place vegetables and broth in saucepan.
- Step 2
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook until vegetables are tender (about 8 minutes).
- Step 3
- Mix milk, cornstarch, salt, pepper, and thyme; add to cooked vegetables.
- Step 4
- Cook, stirring constantly, until soup is lightly thickened and mixture just begins to boil, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add cheese and stir until melted.
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.