butternut squash (about 2 to 2 ½ pounds)
unrefined sea salt
coconut oil or butter, for greasing the squash
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Split and seed the butternut squash then grease its skin with any oil or fat and place it flesh-side down in a baking dish.
- Add about one cup of water to the casserole dish and roast the squash until tender and easily pierced with the tines of a fork, about forty to sixty minutes.
- Remove the squash from the oven and allow it to cool until you can easily handle the squash without gloves.
- Spoon out the bright orange flesh from the squash and place it in a food processor or stand mixer along with two tablespoons butter, one teaspoon ground cinnamon and a dash unrefined sea salt.
- Process mixture until well-blended and quite smooth. Serve warm.
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to