WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 20 mins
Enjoy this traditional Southwestern dish of sautéed summer squash, onions and peppers as a side or as a vegetarian filling for tacos.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 poblano or Anaheim chile pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 2 cups diced summer squash
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, (optional)
- Step 1
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and chile; cook, stirring, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add zucchini, summer squash and salt; cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in cilantro (if using).
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com