If the popular California roll type of sushi were a sandwich, this is what it would be. I used fresh crab meat because it was on sale, but use imitation crab if you prefer.
- 3 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 4 green onions (the white and part of the green), chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 pound fresh crabmeat (free of shell)
- 6 whole-wheat 8-inch tortillas (or the tortilla of your choice)
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder, combined with 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 large avocado, quartered, pitted, and sliced
- black pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, green onions, and crab to food processor and pulse until well blended (about five seconds). Add pepper to taste.
- Step 2
- Soften the tortillas by wrapping in a slightly damp cloth and microwaving on HIGH for about a minute.
- Step 3
- Spread one-sixth of the crab mixture on each tortilla. Then top each with about 12 thin slices of cucumber. Spread a small line of the wasabi mixture down the center of each tortilla (use more or less depending on your taste). Top the wasabi with the avocado slices.
- Step 4
- Fold one end of each tortilla up toward the center, then continue to roll until you have a wrap (with the avocado in the center of each wrap).
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.