WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 30 mins
Add some color to your mashed potatoes by adding some broccoli to the mix. We love the flavor of fontina cheese paired with broccoli, but any creamy cheese that melts well will work.
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 3/4 pound broccoli crowns, chopped (4 cups)
- 3/4 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk, heated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Step 1
- Bring an inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add potatoes, cover and steam for 10 minutes. Place broccoli on top, cover and steam until the potatoes and broccoli are tender, 6 to 8 minutes more.
- Step 2
- Transfer the broccoli to a large bowl and coarsely mash with a potato masher. Add the potatoes, cheese, milk, salt and pepper and continue mashing to desired consistency. Serve immediately.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com