- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 chicken breasts, boned, skinless (5 ounces total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock, fat skimmed from top
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Step 1
- Mix together pepper, salt, and flour. Coat chicken with seasoned flour.
- Step 2
- In heavy-bottomed skillet, heat oil. Place chicken breasts in skillet and brown on both sides, then remove and set aside.
- Step 3
- To skillet, add wine and stir until heated. Add juice, stock, and mushrooms. Stir to toss, reduce heat, and cook for about 10 minutes, until sauce partially reduced.
- Step 4
- Return browned chicken breasts to skillet. Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Step 5
- Cover and cook for about 5-10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Step 6
- Serve sauce over chicken. Garnish with chopped parsley.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.