- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, meat pulled
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar, plus 1 teaspoon sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, or 1 teaspoon dried, minced, peeled
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, or parsley
- 8 -8 inch fat-free whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- Step 1
- Shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Place the chicken, cucumber, carrots, and bell peppers in a large bowl.
- Step 2
- Make the dressing by adding the sugar, ginger, lime juice, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and garlic in a blender until smooth. Add the peanut butter and water; process until smooth. Add the peanut dressing to the chicken, stir in the cilantro, and mix well.
- Step 3
- To assemble, place a large lettuce leaf on each warm tortilla and fill with the chicken mixture. Roll it up and enjoy.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.