Cook chicken tenders quickly on the grill and top with pesto made with cilantro and sesame seeds for a zesty, speedy dinner. Serve with: Quinoa and grilled asparagus.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, reduced-sodium
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 cups cilantro leaves, loosely packed fresh , 1-2 bunches
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Step 1
- Whisk lime juice, soy sauce, oil and chili powder in a large bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade in a small bowl. Add chicken to the remaining marinade; toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Step 2
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Step 3
- Meanwhile, place cilantro, scallions, sesame seeds and the reserved marinade in a food processor and process until fairly smooth.
- Step 4
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard marinade) and grill until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, about 2 minutes per side. Serve the chicken with the cilantro-sesame pesto.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com