- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 cup white or whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Step 2
- In mixing bowl, cream together butter, cream cheese, and brown and white sugars. Add egg substitute and beat well
- Step 3
- Add flour, soda, salt, and vanilla to butter mixture and beat until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips, oatmeal, and nuts if desired. Blend thoroughly.
- Step 4
- Use a cookie scoop to drop cookie dough onto a cookie sheet coated with canola cooking spray. To make a flatter cookie, spray the bottom of a flat-bottomed glass with canola cooking spray and press onto the cookie dough balls.
- Step 5
- Bake in center of oven until lightly golden (about 8 minutes.) Remove cookies and let cool on wire rack.
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.