organic golden brown sugar or cane sugar
cocoa powder, unsweetened
dark chocolate, chopped
cold vanilla rice milk
- Heat one cup of water in a saucepan till good and hot. Remove from heat. Add the brown sugar and cocoa powder and whisk to dissolve. Add in the chopped dark chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Add the sea salt, xanthan gum and rice milk. Whisk to combine.
- Cover and chill until the chocolate sorbet mixture is very cold. The colder the better. (I let mine chill overnight.)
- Pour the cold mixture into a large blender or Vita-Mix and whip briefly till frothy; then pour it into the frozen ice cream maker canister and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions for your particular make and model.
- Get ready for an intensely delicious chocolate experience. Dance around the kitchen.
- Serve soft serve style from the canister if you absolutely, positively cannot wait. Or scoop the sorbet into a freezer container and freeze. When you are ready to indulge, allow the sorbet to soften slightly before serving.
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to