Straining yogurt gives you a no-fat version of sour cream with a light tang that blends nicely with cilantro. Try it with chili and other spicy dishes as well.
- 2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Step 1
- Line a large strainer with a coffee filter or paper towel and place over a mixing bowl.
- Step 2
- Pour in yogurt and let sit until some of the liquid has drained away and the yogurt is the consistency of sour cream, about one hour.
- Step 3
- Transfer to small mixing bowl; stir in salt and cilantro.
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.