Add these toasted oats to yogurt, cottage cheese, hot or cold cereals, frozen yogurt, or fresh fruit. Toasted oats can take the place of nuts or chocolate chips in some recipes.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 1/2 rolled or old-fashioned oats
- Canola cooking spray
- Step 1
- Add cinnamon to a very small cup. Stir in vanilla extract and then water; set aside.
- Step 2
- Add about 1/2 cup of quick or old-fashioned oats to a nonstick frying pan (over medium-high heat) that has been coated lightly with canola cooking spray. Spray the top of the oats lightly with canola cooking spray, if desired. Let the oats toast for about a minute.
- Step 3
- Drizzle the vanilla mixture over the top and stir. Keep stirring the oats gently as they lightly brown, about 2 minutes more.
- Step 4
- Keep toasted oats in a covered container or sealable plastic bag until ready to use.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.