Total Time: 25 mins
Straining yogurt gives you a no-fat version of sour cream with a light tang that blends nicely with cilantro. Try it with chili and other spicy dishes, as well.
- 12 6-inch soft corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded part-skim Monterey Jack cheese, (4 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded part-skim Colby cheese, (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels or black beans
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper, finely minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely minced
- Step 1
- Preheat large skillet over low heat.
- Step 2
- Line up six tortillas.
- Step 3
- Divide cheese, corn, cilantro and peppers between the tortillas, then cover each with a second tortilla.
- Step 4
- Place a tortilla on the dry skillet or grill and warm until cheese is melted and tortilla is slightly golden, about three minutes.
- Step 5
- Flip and cook other side until golden, about one minute.
- Step 6
- Cut into wedges and serve.
- Step 7
- Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- Step 8
- Serve each wedge with a dollop of cilantro yogurt dip.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.