fresh corn, shucked
extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons
cherry tomatoes, halved
coarsely chopped scallion greens
- Cut away the corn kernels from the ears, discarding the cobs.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté corn with salt and pepper to taste, stirring, until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté, stirring, 1 minute. Add vinegar and cook, stirring, until most is evaporated, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cook, gently stirring, 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in scallions.
- Transfer vegetables to a large plate to cool and season with salt and pepper.
- Salad can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- It’s also great incorporated into a pasta salad or topped with grilled shrimp.
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to