These burgers have a true crab flavor that isn't masked by fillers or strong seasoning. Serve on a bun with tartar sauce or with a lemon-juice-dressed salad of greens, sprouts and sliced peaches. This recipe works best with convenient pasteurized crab meat, usually found in the refrigerated case near the fish counter. If you prefer lump crab meat, cut it into small, uniform pieces.
- 1 pound crab meat
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 4 dashes hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- Step 1
- Mix crab, egg, breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, chives, mustard, lemon juice, celery seed, onion powder, pepper and hot sauce in a large bowl. Form into 6 patties.
- Step 2
- Heat oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until the butter stops foaming. Cook the patties until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com