WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 25 mins
White beans mashed with ripe avocado and blended with sharp Cheddar and onion makes an incredibly rich, flavorful filling for this wrap. The tangy, spicy slaw adds crunch. A pinch (or more) of ground chipotle pepper and an extra dash of cider vinegar can be used in place of the canned chipotles in adobo sauce. Serve with tortilla chips, salsa and Tecate beer.
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, (see Note)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 4 8- to 10-inch whole-wheat wraps, or tortillas
- Step 1
- Whisk vinegar, oil, chipotle chile and salt in a medium bowl. Add cabbage, carrot and cilantro; toss to combine.
- Step 2
- Mash beans and avocado in another medium bowl with a potato masher or fork. Stir in cheese and onion.
- Step 3
- To assemble the wraps, spread about 1/2 cup of the bean-avocado mixture onto a wrap (or tortilla) and top with about 2/3 cup of the cabbage-carrot slaw. Roll up. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut the wraps in half to serve, if desired.
Ingredient Note: Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce are smoked jalapeños packed in a flavorful sauce. Look for the small cans with the Mexican foods in large supermarkets. Once opened, they’ll keep at least 2 weeks in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com