The peanuts add crunch and complement the coleslaw flavor.
- 9 cups shredded cabbage, (you can buy this in bags in the produce section)
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 6 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons light or nonfat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar (or use 1 1/2 tablespoons each of sugar and artificial sweetner)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, unsalted or lightly salted
- 4 green onions (the white and part of the green), chopped
- Step 1
- In a large serving bowl, mix cabbage with carrot and green onions.
- Step 2
- To make dressing, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, mustard, vinegar, apple juice, and celery seed in a small bowl. Pour over cabbage mixture.
- Step 3
- Sprinkle peanuts over the top and serve. Or cover and keep chilled in refrigerator until ready to serve.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.