WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Try this light spinach dip made healthier with reduced-fat cream cheese, nonfat yogurt and low-fat cottage cheese instead of full-fat cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream. It will save you a whopping 84 calories and 10 grams of fat per serving when compared to traditional versions. Serve it with pita chips and crunchy vegetables or spread it on a sandwich.
- 1 small shallot, peeled
- 1 5-ounce can water chestnuts, rinsed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, Neufchâtel
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
Pulse shallot and water chestnuts in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add cream cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper and pulse until just combined. Add spinach and chives and pulse until incorporated.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com