- 1/2 cup skim or buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup crumbled corn flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried hot pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 pieces chicken, skinless (4 breasts, 4 drumsticks)
- a few shakes, paprika
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Step 2
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning to milk.
- Step 3
- Combine all other spices with corn flake crumbs and place in plastic bag.
- Step 4
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Dip chicken into milk, shake to remove excess, then quickly shake in bag with seasoning and crumbs.
- Step 5
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Step 6
- Remove from refrigerator and sprinkle lightly with paprika for color.
- Step 7
- Evenly space chicken on greased baking pan.
- Step 8
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Step 9
- Remove foil and continue baking for an added 30-40 minutes or until meat can be easily pulled away from bone with fork. Drumsticks may require less baking time than breasts. Crumbs will form crispy "skin." (Do not turn chicken during baking.)
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.