WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 20
An easy salad to serve with grilled chicken or steak for supper or on a bed of greens for a satisfying lunch. Substitute white beans or chickpeas for the black-eyed peas if you prefer.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 4 cups cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 1 14-ounce can black-eyed peas, rinsed
- 2/3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup red onion, slivered
- 2 tablespoons black olives, chopped
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Step 1
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, oregano and pepper in a large bowl until combined.
- Step 2
- Add cucumber, black-eyed peas, bell pepper, feta, onion and olives; toss to coat.
- Step 3
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com