WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 10 mins
As the base of this herb-spiked dressing, pureed cucumber provides a mellow grassy flavor and a luxurious texture. Pureeing vegetables into a salad dressing is a great way to give it body (and to sneak in more low-cal vegetables). Experiment with tomatoes, arugula and/or roasted garlic to create your own dressing magic.
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon nonfat, or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Step 1
- Puree cucumber, oil, vinegar, chives, parsley, yogurt, mustard, horseradish, sugar and salt in a blender until smooth.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com