WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 20
Red Thai curry paste adds heat and depth of flavor to this simple soup. If you like, omit the chicken and spinach to make an even simpler first-course soup.
- 1 10-ounce package frozen pureed winter squash
- 1/2 cup "lite" coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, , thinly sliced
- 1 6-ounce bag baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Step 1
- Heat squash, coconut milk and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Step 2
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the squash defrosts, about 10 minutes.
- Step 3
- Add chicken, reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Step 4
- Stir in spinach, lime juice, sugar, curry paste to taste and salt and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes longer.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com