- 6 large hard-cooked eggs, cooled and peeled, (use higher omega-eggs available; you'll only use half the yolks)
- 1/4 cup crab, cleaned and shredded (or finely chopped lean ham)
- 2 tablespoons red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons green onion, finely chopped (mostly the green part)
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise, (or low-fat or fat-free, if you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Smidgen ground nutmeg
- black pepper to taste
- Step 1
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks. Place half the yolks in a medium bowl and mash with fork (throw the other half away).
- Step 2
- Add the crab, red pepper, green onion, mayonnaise, mustard, nutmeg, and parsley to the yolks and blend well with a fork. Add pepper to taste.
- Step 3
- Spoon mixture evening among the 12 egg white halves.
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.