By Holly Clegg,
Total Time: 20 mins
Pick up a bag of shredded cabbage for effortless preparation of this vibrant salad with a mixture of sweet and savory ingredients in a sweet balsamic vinaigrette. Whenever I make coleslaw, it is always for a crowd, and this recipe feeds them all.
- 4 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 4 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced in 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Step 1
- In large bowl, combine green and red cabbage, red pepper, apricots, corn, green onions, almonds, and sesame seeds.
- Step 2
- In small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Toss dressing with salad, mixing well.
From www.hollyclegg.com with permission. © 2012 Holly Clegg, Inc.