thick-cut bacon, chopped
premium brand absinthe
linguini (or spaghetti)
fresh clams, rinsed and scrubbed
green onions, green and white parts, chopped
red pepper flakes, to taste
handful of chopped fresh parsley
extra virgin olive oil
- Put a large pot of salted water on the stove to boil for the pasta.
- In a large sauté pan, cook bacon on medium heat until crisp. Add garlic and stir until golden. Deglaze pan with vodka and absinthe.
- Add linguine to pot of boiling water, and cook till al dente.
- Add clams to the sauté pan of bacon. Cover pan, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on medium heat until clam shells open; give the pan a stir half-way through the cooking time.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- Add green onions and red pepper flakes to clam mixture. Then, mix in hot linguini. If the mixture appears too dry, add a little of the pasta cooking water. Stir in parsley, and serve.
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to