- 1 8-ounce package light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons low trans-fat margarine, with 8 g of fat per tablespoon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant cheddar cheese sauce mix, (use the envelope from a macaroni and cheese mix, or cheddar cheese powder from the store's spice section)
- 1 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, finely chopped, or 3/4 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- Step 1
- Put cream cheese, margarine, cheddar cheese powder, cheddar cheese, lemon juice, parsley, and green onion in small food processor bowl. Process until nicely blended. Put chopped nuts into a shallow bowl.
- Step 2
- Shape cheese mixture into a ball or log using clean hands, then roll it in the chopped nuts. Wrap well with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with lower-fat, higher-fiber crackers.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.