Total Time: 5 mins
- 2 french-bread sandwich rolls, split in half
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 cup bottled pizza sauce (or substitute marinara sauce)
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- green onions, chopped
- tomato slices
- zucchini slices
- mushroom slices
- artichoke hearts
- sliced olives
- olive oil or canola cooking spray
- Step 1
- Preheat broiler.
- Step 2
- Spray the tops of the French-bread roll halves with canola or olive oil cooking spray, then sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the top of each.
- Step 3
- Broil bread halves until lightly brown on top (watch carefully).
- Step 4
- Spread 1/8 cup pizza sauce over each half, then sprinkle 1/4 of the cheddar cheese and 1/4 of the mozzarella over each bread half.
- Step 5
- Arrange any vegetables you choose on top of the cheese.
- Step 6
- Broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly (about 2 minutes).
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.