Farmer's Market Recipes continued...
Yield: 6 servings
Per serving: 370 calories, 16 g protein, 58 g carbohydrate, 11 g fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, 6 mg cholesterol, 6-10 g fiber (depending on whether your pasta is partial or full whole wheat), 171 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 25%.
Grilled Chicken with Pretty Peach Sauce
WebMD Weight Loss Clinic members: Journal as 1 serving of ''lean meat and moderate fat meat without added fat'' + 1 portion fresh fruit.
1/2 cup orange juice
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup diced peaches
6 tablespoons diced red pepper
6 tablespoons minced red onion
6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 24 ounces raw)
1 teaspoon olive oil
- First, start the marinade: Add orange juice, lime juice, and olive oil to medium sized bowl and stir.
- Put peaches, red pepper, red onion and cilantro in a small bowl and toss to blend. Add half of this mixture to a small food processor and pulse briefly (4 seconds) to chop and blend. Add the pureed mixture to the orange-lime marinade.
- Add balsamic vinegar to the remaining peach mixture in the small bowl. Cover and place in refrigerator until chicken is ready. This will be your peach sauce.
- Add the chicken breasts to the orange-lime marinade, cover well with the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill. Lift chicken from marinade and grill until cooked throughout. Place on serving plate to rest a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat a small, nonstick frying pan over high heat. Brush the bottom of the hot pan with a teaspoon of olive oil. When the oil is good and hot, add the peach mixture from the refrigerator and sauté for exactly 1 minute. Serve each chicken breast with a spoon of the peach sauce over the top.
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: 253 calories, 40 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate, 7.4 g fat, 1.7 g saturated fat, 108 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 95 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 27%.