carrots (about 15 carrots)
thinly sliced spring onions
roughly chopped savory
1 1/2 tablespoons
apple cider vinegar
fresh chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, warm the butter, honey and cider vinegar together. Break apart the rings of the spring onion. Add the slices and the chopped savory into the honey mixture and let it all marinate. Set aside.
- Cut off the green leafy parts and clean the carrots with a scrub brush. Leave them on a dish towel to dry completely.
- Line a baking tray with foil or parchment paper (I didn’t do this, and I wish I did, much easier to clean). Spread out the carrots in a single layer.
- Drizzle the honey mixture over and gently toss to coat. Generously sprinkle coarse salt and pepper.
- Roast on the upper rack for 20 minutes. Carrots should be tender but still have a good bit of resistance too them.
- Garnish with fresh chives.
If you cannot find fresh savory, I would use three parts fresh thyme to one part rosemary as an alternative.
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to