5-Ingredient Recipes for Busy Cooks
Simple recipes and speed-cooking tips for everyday meals.
To get you started on your way to speed cooking with five-ingredient recipes, here are five simple recipes to try.
BBQ Chicken Pizza
1/2 cup bottled BBQ sauce of your choice
1 large (10 oz.) 100% whole-wheat Boboli (ready to heat) pizza crust
2 cups shredded, reduced fat 4-cheese Italian blend (or similar)
2 chicken breasts, skinless, roasted or grilled and shredded or diced
1/4 cup chopped green onion, white and part of green
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Set the Boboli pizza crust on a baking sheet and spread BBQ sauce over the crust as you would pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the sauce then dot the top with chicken breast pieces and chopped green onions.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbling. Cut into 8 slices and serve.
Yield: 4 servings (2 slices each)
Nutrition Information: Per serving: 488 calories, 41.5 g protein, 48 g carbohydrate, 14.5 g fat, 7 g saturated fat, 78 mg cholesterol, 6.5 g fiber, 1259 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 27%.
Chicken Teriyaki Dinner
4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless, each cut into two or three pieces
3/4 cup bottled teriyaki sauce
1 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds, baked or broiled until lightly browned (if your teriyaki sauce doesn’t contain sesame seeds)
3 cups steamed brown rice
3 cups steamed or stir fried vegetables (broccoli, green beans, mixed vegetables, etc.)
- Wash chicken in cool water and pat dry with paper towels. Place in 7.5 x 11-inch baking dish (or similar). Pour teriyaki sauce over chicken; toss to coat well. (If you want to finish cooking later, you can cover dish at this point and refrigerate for 2 hours before cooking.).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove cover from dish and bake chicken for 15 minutes. Turn chicken over and bake about 15 minutes more or until cooked throughout. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over the top.
- Serve each portion of chicken over 3/4 cup each of steamed brown rice and vegetables.