Chocolate Recipes to Die(t) For
Satisfy your cravings with these healthier chocolate recipes
Chocolate-Mocha Angel Food Cake
Journal as 1 portion sweet dessert.
The flavor combination of chocolate, coffee, and sugar in this cake is
simply addicting. I love how you can take something simple like an angel food
cake mix and make it spectacular with just a few added ingredients.
1 box (1-pound size) one-step angel food cake mix
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 1/3 cups very strong decaffeinated coffee, cooled
8 ounces light whipping cream or Light Cool Whip (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Move oven rack to lowest position if you're
using a tube pan, or the middle position for loaf pans.
- Mix cake mix with cocoa in large glass or metal bowl at low speed until
- Pour in coffee and mix at low speed until moistened. Then beat exactly 1
minute at medium speed. Pour batter into an ungreased tube pan (10x4-inch) or
two (9x5-inch loaf pans).
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes for tube pan, and 33 to 43 minutes for loaf pans.
Cake is done when crust is deep golden brown and cracks on top appear dry. DO
- Cool tube cake upside down on a glass bottle or heatproof surface until
completely cool. Cool loaves in pans tipped on side on cooling rack until
- Loosen edges with flat knife or metal spatula to remove from pans.
- Whip up whipped cream if desired, adding powdered sugar to taste toward end
Makes 12 servings.
Per serving (without whipped cream): 159 calories, 4 g protein,
36 g carbohydrate, 0.5 g fat, 0.3 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 331 mg
sodium, 1 g fiber. Calories from fat: 3%. Per serving (with light whipping
cream): 214 calories, 21 mg cholesterol, 6 g fat (25% calories from fat).