Fat Shockers: Surprisingly High-Fat Foods
Check out this list of fatty foods lurking in your grocery store.
My List of Fatty Foods continued...
- Claim Jumper Chocolate Silk Pie (1/8 pie): 29 g fat, 14 g saturated fat, 4.5 g trans fat, 410 calories
- Haagen-Dazs Vanilla & Almonds (1 bar): 22 g fat, 13 g saturated fat, 300 calories
- Edy’s Dibs (4 oz container): 24 g fat, 17 g saturated fat, 340 calories
- Mini Chocolate Dipped Cream Puffs (5): 24 g fat, 15 g saturated fat, 340 calories
- Weight Watchers English Toffee Crunch (2 bars): 12 g fat, 10 g saturated fat, <0.5 g trans fat, 220 calories.
Frozen Breakfast Entrees (1 entrée)
- Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowls, Sausage: 34 g fat, 13 g saturated fat, < 0.5 g trans fat, 490 calorie.
- Nancy's Quiche Cheese Trio (one 6-oz quiche): 28 g fat, 13 g saturated fat, 450 calories, 1 g trans fat.
- Aunt Jemima Scrambled Eggs and Bacon with Hash Brown Potatoes: 22 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 310 calories
- Farm Rich French Toast Sticks (8 pieces): 22 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 540 calories
- Jimmy Dean Muffin Sandwich, Sausage, Egg & Cheese: 20 g fat, 7 g saturated fat, <0.5 g trans fat, 330 calories.
Frozen Entrees and Snacks
- Marie Callender's Chicken Pot Pie (1 pie, 16.5 oz): 62 g fat, 22 g saturated fat, 1040 calories
- Claim Jumper Country Fried Chicken (1 entrée, 17.25 oz), available at Walmart stores: 34 g fat, 10 g saturated fat, 700 calories
- Foster Farms Mini Corn Dogs, Honey Crunchy (8): 26 g fat, 7 g saturated fat, 440 calories
- Red Baron Single Deep Dish Pizza Supreme (1): 19 g fat, 9 g saturated fat, 420 calories
- T.G.I. Fridays Cheddar & Bacon Potato Skins (2 pieces), available in the frozen section of many major supermarkets: 28 g fat, 10 g saturated fat, 440 calories
Elaine Magee, MPH, RD is the author of numerous books on nutrition and health. Her opinions and conclusions are her own.