Healthy Bread Machine Recipes
Whip up home-baked breads the easy way with these tips and healthy bread machine recipes.
Favorite Healthy Bread Machine Recipes continued...
1 3/4 cups white flour or bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons rapid rise or bread machine yeast
2/3 cup chopped dried mixed fruit or assorted glace holiday fruit
- Add all the ingredients except yeast and dried fruit into the bread machine
pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Make a well in the center of
the flour and pour in the yeast. Select the DOUGH setting and press START.
- Ten minutes before the end of the DOUGH cycle (set your kitchen timer),
sprinkle the mixed fruit over the top of the dough. When the cycle is over, you
might need to knead in whatever fruit hasn't been incorporated (it just takes a
- Shape dough into a round about 8 inches wide and 3 inches high, and place
on a foil-lined or nonstick cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees while the bread rises in a warm place (cover
with a towel if necessary). When double in size, bake until golden brown, about
Yield: 18 servings
Per serving: 118 calories, 4 g protein, 20 g carbohydrate, 2.5 g fat, .4 g
saturated fat, 24 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 197 mg sodium. Calories fat:
Garlic & Herb Pizza Crust
WebMD Weight Loss Clinic members: Journal as 3 slices whole wheat bread OR
3/4 cup "starchy foods with 1 tsp fat maximum"
1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons water, warm or room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons molasses
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon fresh, finely chopped basil (or 1 teaspoon dried)
1 tablespoon fresh, finely chopped oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon rapid rise or bread machine yeast
- Add water, molasses, olive oil, garlic, basil, and oregano to bread machine
pan (unless a different order is recommended by manufacturer). Add both types
of flour to pan, and add the salt in one of the corners. Make a well in the
center of the flour and pour in the yeast.
- Select the DOUGH cycle and press start.
- When the dough cycle is complete, about 1 hour and 40 minutes, divide dough
into 4 pieces. Press and stretch each piece out into a circle about 7 inches
wide. Top with your desired sauce (pizza sauce or pesto) and toppings (cheese,
- Bake the mini pizzas in a 400-degree oven until crust is golden brown,
about 12-15 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving (crust only): 250 calories, 7 g protein, 45 g carbohydrate, 5.5
g fat, 0.8 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 4.5 g fiber, 538 mg sodium.
Calories fat: 19%.