Super Waters: Health or Hype?
Will these new waters actually get us to drink up?
Coffee, Tea, or Fitness Water? continued...
Oh, you want to be kind to your wallet and get your fluids the good
old-fashioned way, with plain drinking water? You can always consider these
options to help you jazz up plain water and meet your fluid needs:
- Create your own flavored water with the addition of fruit slices such as
lemon, lime, or orange. They will all add great flavor with virtually no added
- Freeze chunks of fruit or citrus zest in ice cubes that you then use to
flavor plain water.
- A splash of cranberry or fruit juice and a wedge of lime to turn plain
sparkling water into a delicious treat.
- Make iced tea from a combination of flavorful teas such as mint, mango, or
- Herbal teas are soothing and come in a variety of flavors without extra
- Flavored seltzer waters without added sugars are wonderfully refreshing
- Try some homemade lemonade -- low-sugar, of course!
Remember to limit your intake of caffeinated, artificially sweetened, and
alcoholic beverages to fulfill your requirements as these beverages can rob
your body of fluids and contribute to dehydration.
In the end, regardless of your choice of beverage, the most important thing
is to drink up for good health!