WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 25 mins
Based on a popular Chinese dish, these fun wraps also make appealing appetizers for entertaining. Make it a meal: Serve with chile-garlic sauce and rice vinegar for extra zip; toss diced mango and strawberries with lime juice for a quick dessert.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup instant brown rice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 pound 93%-lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 8-ounce can water chestnuts, rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 heads Boston lettuce, leaves separated
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs such as cilantro, basil, mint and/or chives
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- Step 1
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add rice; reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Step 2
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add turkey and ginger; cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until the turkey is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Stir in the cooked rice, bell pepper, water chestnuts, broth, hoisin sauce, five-spice powder and salt; cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Step 3
- To serve, spoon portions of the turkey mixture into lettuce leaves, top with herbs and carrot and roll into wraps.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com