WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 40 mins
Lemony rice, delicately flavored broth and gently poached tilapia are topped with a colorful blend of vegetables and herbs. The aromatic mint provides fresh and complex flavor.
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 zest and juice of lemon
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 pound tilapia fillets or other firm white fish
- 4 cups bite-size pieces arugula or watercress, tough stems removed (about 1 bunch)
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced fresh mint
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- Step 1
- Combine rice and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; cover and cook until the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Stir in lemon zest and juice.
- Step 2
- Meanwhile, bring broth to a simmer in another medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat so the broth remains steaming, but not simmering. Add fish and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Remove and break into bite-size chunks.
- Step 3
- Divide the lemony rice among 4 bowls. Top with equal portions of the fish, arugula (or watercress), carrot, mint and scallions. Ladle 1 cup of the warm broth into each bowl and serve.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com