This easy uncooked sauce is perfect on a hot summer night. You can serve it right away, but it tastes even better if everything marinates for an hour or so. To feed more people, simply add a little more of each ingredient—especially the tomatoes. Halved cherry tomatoes are a nice alternative to field tomatoes.
- 3 cups diced, seeded ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 2 scallions, white and pale green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese, (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces whole-wheat fusilli, or other whole-wheat pasta
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Combine tomatoes, bell pepper, scallions, garlic and oil in a large bowl; toss to mix well. Add feta cheese, olives, parsley, basil, balsamic vinegar, wine vinegar and lemon juice; toss again. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2
- Put a large pot of lightly salted water on to boil. Shortly before serving, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and add to the sauce; toss to coat well.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com