WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 35
This lightly dressed pasta salad gets lots of flavor from kalamata olives and basil. A colorful mix of diced bell pepper, shredded carrot and tomatoes adds vitamins and minerals. Serve on a crisp bed of greens. Toss in canned chunk light tuna, cooked chicken or flavored baked tofu to add protein and make it more substantial.
- 2 cups whole-wheat rotini, 6 ounces
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar, or lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup yellow or red bell pepper, (1 small), diced
- 1 cup grated carrots, 2-4 carrots
- 1/2 cup scallion, chopped, (4 scallions)
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, slivered
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes, or according to package directions. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Step 2
- Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, oil, vinegar (or lemon juice), garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl until smooth. Add the pasta and toss to coat. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, carrots, scallions, olives and basil; toss to coat well.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com