WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins
Though Puerto Ricans tend toward fatty cuts of pork with the skin on, lean cuts like pork loin are just as delicious with the intense garlic rub in this recipe. Serve warm with Island Red Beans and rice. Leftover slices make a good sandwich.
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1-2 pound boneless pork loin, trimmed
- Step 1
- Combine garlic, oil, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender and puree. Rub pork all over with the seasoning mix and wrap tightly with plastic wrap or place in a large sealable plastic bag. Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes or up to 1 day.
- Step 2
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Step 3
- Remove the pork from the plastic and place in a shallow roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 145°F, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Let rest for 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com