Take advantage of convenient mini ("baby") carrots to make this simple but sophisticated classic French side dish.
- 3 cups mini carrots, (1 pound)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Step 1
- Combine carrots, water, honey, butter and salt in a large skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cover and cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Step 2
- Uncover and cook, stirring often, until the liquid is a syrupy glaze, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Step 3
- Stir in lemon juice and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com