blueberries or any berries rinsed and drained
gluten-free baking and pancake mix (plus a couple pinches)
organic light brown sugar packed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously smear a pie plate or 8x8-inch baking dish with butter or vegan shortening.
- Sprinkle a pinch or two of the pancake mix onto the blueberries and toss to coat. Pour the blueberries into the bottom of the dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the gluten-free baking and pancake mix with the brown sugar and cinnamon. Add in the vegan shortening by hand; and rub the mixture between your fingers until it resembles sugary coarse crumbs.
- Layer the crumbs over the blueberries. Bake in a preheated oven until bubbly – about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm, topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, frozen yogurt, or your favorite non-dairy frozen dessert, if desired.
September 20, 2012
From www.foodily.com with permission. © 2010-2012 Foodily.com, Inc.
For more recipes go to