Total Time: 35 mins
- 4 ounces package dried figs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 large pizza crust or 4 round pita breads
- 1 cup crumbled soft goat cheese, (a 4-ounce package will yield 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1/2-1 tablespoon olive oil
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Step 2
- Combine the figs, balsamic vinegar, and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Step 3
- Place the figs in a small bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Step 4
- Top the pizza with the goat cheese and figs, and sprinkle with the basil and pine nuts. Drizzle the olive oil over the top. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese melts.
© 2012 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.