Take grits upscale by adding fresh corn, goat cheese and chives.
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup quick grits, (not instant)
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 1 large ear), or frozen
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (3 ounces), divided
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh chives, or scallion greens
- Step 1
- Bring water, salt and pepper to a boil in a large saucepan. Slowly pour in grits, stirring constantly. Stir in corn; return to a simmer.
- Step 2
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Step 3
- Remove from the heat, stir in half the goat cheese and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Step 4
- Stir in chives (or scallions). Serve each portion sprinkled with some of the remaining cheese.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com